Music Makes You Happy!
With so much negativity around, it only seems right to put a bit of happy out there right now! Music is a universal language that connects us all, no matter our race, upbringing, religion or sexual orientation. It has the power to help us learn and to create, we study it, we play it, we listen to it! When you really think about it, music whether we realise it or not, is very much a part of our every day lives. It reminds us of a certain day, or a certain person, its takes us back to a special time in our lives, I don’t know about you, but it even wakes me up on a morning and sets the tone to what my day will look like! It stands to reason that if music is such a big influence in our lives, there must be a reason for it. In a recent study, it has been suggested that listening to just 15 minutes of music releases the happy chemical called dopamine. This is responsible for making us feel good, it is the same chemical that is released when you exercise for example. Surely music is much more enjoyable than exercising, right??! Here’s a couple of ways, music really does make you happy.
Music improves your mood
We all know how effective an upbeat song can have on our mood. Research has now shown that listening to music not only improves mood, but ultimately contributes to a greater quality of life. In fact, you can successfully improve your mood and overall happiness in just two weeks! We all have a playlist we know will get us in the party mood, we instantly feel happier when we put our favourite tune on. Music is extremely influential. So, it stands to reason that through positive music, you can create a happier and more fulfilling life.
Music alleviates your pain
Fatigue, sleep and memory, mood issues, anxiety, a whole range of medical conditions were tested, and music was proven to help with all. Music stimulates the happy chemical, dopamine to be released, when this is released it helps improve your mood and in turn directly improves things like sleep. When you get more sleep, you can recover more quickly from an illness you may be suffering with or just in general, getting more sleep, equals better health. There have been thousands of sleep studies carried out and all will tell you, the more you get, the better! In turn, makes you happy!!
Why not try the following, I guarantee you will be feeling happier in no time at all;
- Listen to music every day. Just 25 minutes, for at least 10 days. It will help to prevent back pain and make you sleep better. Keep up the habit beyond 10 days if you can.
- Play music while working out. Exercise can help to release endorphins to increase your endurance, boost your mood and distract you from the discomfort you may feel during your exercise session.
- Pick music to suit the situation. Any type of classical music, such as pieces by Mozart or Beethoven, can help relieve muscle pain. For an effective, beneficial workout, researchers say the best music is high energy, high tempo music such as hip hop or dance.
- Join a choir, or learn an instrument, like the piano. (see below for our piano recommendation) Experts have found that if we actively engage with the music, to feel it rather than letting it simply be in the background, it can give us extra emotional oomph and make us feel happier. To achieve something, always makes us feel good!
- Listen to music while working or studying. If you’re trying hard to crack that difficult report or you’re struggling with the final touches of a dissertation, music could help get your brain in gear.
We hope these helpful tips contribute to helping you get your happy on! It’s so important with all the everyday pressures to find a little slice of happiness, let music be the place you go to find your inner happy!
If you are looking for a piano, we’d love to help. Pop in, call us, email, send a carrier pigeon! We are always here, why not browse our website…